SYBCOM Syllabus subject wise for Semester III & IV as per Mumbai University
Commerce – III
1. Introduction To Management (11 Lec.)
l Management- Concept, Nature, Functions, Managerial Skills & Competencies
l Evolution of Management Thoughts
Classical Approach: Scientific Management – F.W.Taylor’s Contribution
Classical Organisation Theory: Henri Fayol’s Principles
Neo Classical : Human Relations Approach – Elton Mayo’s Hawthorne experiments
l Modern Management Approach – PeterDrucker’s Dimensions of Management, Indian Management Thoughts: Origin & Significance of Indian Ethos to Management.
2. Planning & Decision Making (10 Lec.)
l Planning – Steps, Importance, Components, Coordination – Importance
l M.B.O – Process, Advantages, Management By Exception- Advantages; Management Information System – Concept, Components
l Decision Making – Techniques, Essentials of a Sound Decision Making, Impact of Technology on Decision Making
3. Organising (12 Lec.)
l Organising – Steps, Organisation Structures – Features of Line & Staff Organisation, Matrix Organisation, Virtual Organisation, Formal v/s Informal Organisation
l Departmentation – Meaning – Bases, Span of Management – Factors Influencing Span of Management, Tall and Flat Organisation
l Delegation of Authority – Process, Barriers to Delegation, Principles of Effective Delegation. Decentralisation : Factors Influencing Decentralisation, Centralization v/s Decentralisation
4 Directing And Controlling (12 Lec.)
l Motivation – Concept, Importance, Influencing factors.
Importance of Communication, Barriers to effective Communication
l Leadership – Concept, Functions, Styles, Qualities of a good leader.
l Controlling – Concept, Steps, Essentials of good control system, Techniques of Controlling – PERT, CPM, Budgetary Control, Management Audit.
Commerce – IV
1. Production & Inventory Management (11 Lec.)
* Production Management : Objectives, Scope
Production Planning & Control : Steps, Importance
* Production Systems : Concept, Types – Continuous and Intermittent.
Productivity: Concept, Factors Influencing Productivity, Measures for improving Productivity.
* Inventory Management – Objectives, Inventory Control – Techniques.
Scientific Inventory Control System – Importance
2. Quality Management (10 Lec.)
* Introduction to Quality: Dimensions of Quality,
Cost of Quality : Types – Internal Failure Cost, External Failure Cost, Appraisal Cost, Prevention Cost,
Quality Circle: Features
* Quality Management Tools : TQM – Importance, Six Sigma – Process, ISO 9000 – Certification Procedure, Kaizen – Process
* Service Quality Management: Importance, SERVQUAL Model, Measures to improve service quality.
3. Indian Financial System (12 Lec.)
* Indian Financial Market : Structure, Primary Market – IPO Procedure Dematerialisation : Process, Role of Depositories: NSDL and CDSL
* SEBI: Functions of SEBI, Investors protection measures of SEBI. Stock Exchange – Functions, Speculators.
* Credit Rating: Advantages, Credit Rating Agencies in India – CRISIL, CARE, and ICRA.
4. Recent Trends In Finance (12 Lec.)
* Mutual Funds – Advantages and Limitations, Types, Factors responsible for growth of mutual funds – Systematic Investment Plan.
* Commodity Market: Categories,
Derivatives Market: Types, Participants, Types of Derivative Instruments.
* Start-up Ventures – Concept, Sources of Funding,
Micro Finance – Importance, Role of Self Help Groups